[BusyBox] raid setup tools

Glenn McGrath bug1 at optushome.com.au
Sun Oct 27 23:31:03 UTC 2002

Ive busyboxed raidtools, it currently only provides mkraid raidstart and
raidstop, just enough to setup a new raid array.

It adds 9.5kB to a default build, or 17.3kB with only those 3 enabled, the
official versions of these binaries total 60kB plus a dependency on
libpopt

I have cut a few corners, i taken out the legacy code for
upgrading/handling pre 0.90.0 arrays, these tools a hard coded to only run
0.90.0 arrays, they will abort early on any other version.

I striped out the hotplugging tools on the assumpting that if you have a
working raid array then 90kB+ for the full offical tools isnt a
problem.... but maybe it would usefull having hotplug support to use bb as
an emergency disk... im not sure its worth the effort.
Does anyone who uses raid a lot have an opinion on this ?

I also removed mkpv, which is for lvm stuff and detect multipath, im not
sure how important these 2 are for initial raid setup... its year or 2
since i had played with raid.

Ive only tested it on linear raid and raid 0 over loopback devices, i
havent tested large file support, but i dont expect problems.

The patch is at http://people.debian.org/~bug1/raid_p2.diff

Glenn