[BusyBox] no shell after booting

mitu at gmx.de mitu at gmx.de
Tue Nov 26 23:26:03 UTC 2002

First of all thank you very much that you're writing back so soon! ;-)

Additional information:

I said busybox to compile statically (Makefile <- DOSTATIC=true).
That's why I don't think I need any "lib", or do I; which one?!?
(I did that cause I got the message: "Kernel panik: no init found...")

I run on LFS 3.3 (www.linuxfromscratch.org).

I'm not really sure what to do...when I mount my floppy-image as loop device
and "chroot" into it all works fine?!?

PLEASE TRY AGAIN TO HELP
(Sorry for the lack of information in the first.)
Hello folks,

please help me; I'm new in creating a custom boot disk!
I've already read the bootdisk-HOWTO and all the stuff I
could get from the busybox-homepage (README, MANPAGE, ...).
But I still have a problem:

After booting there is nothing ?!? no shell prompt no asking...

Kernel boots well
RamDisk inits ok

but then there is only one message more:
"Freeing unused kernel memory 64k freed"

and a blinking cursor and nothing I can do with it
(I can still type something on the screen?!?)

PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Perhaps there is something strange I have to write in a
/etc/init.d/rcS ???

As mentioned in the Documentation I have no "inittab", but
should work without...