[BusyBox] Problems with BusyBox init/uClibc

Hayden Myers hayden at spinbox.com
Wed Nov 20 16:45:03 UTC 2002

I'm trying to use busybox and uClibc but am running into problems.
Initially I saw messages along the lines of it not being able to find
/sbin/init or incorrectly compiled libraries were installed.  I grabbed
the latest release of uClibc and busybox and compiled both of them.  The
errors about not finding init went away but when my 2.4.19 kernel boots it
appears to hang on tty1 right after clearing kernel memory and before
init.  Nothing else appears on tty1.  If I go to tty2-5 I see hit enter
for console and I'm able to login.  Any idea what's going on?

Hayden Myers
Support Manager
Skyline Network Technologies
hayden at spinbox.com