[BusyBox] No console output

KGeist at overlandstorage.com KGeist at overlandstorage.com
Fri Nov 15 14:45:06 UTC 2002

Hi everyone,

I'm using linux 2.4.18 with busybox 0.60.5 on custom hardware similar to
the
Intel XScale IQ80321 board and have configured my kernel to run NFS on my
local linux development workstation acting as an NFS server.

After loading the kernel via Redboot, Linux starts OK but I stop getting
output
on the console.  The last few lines I get are:

Looking up port of RPC 100003/2 on 10.1.16.128
Looking up port of RPC 100005/1 on 10.1.16.128
VFS: Mounted root (nfs filesystem).
Feeing init memory: 216K

and then nothing, i.e, no Busybox banner.  I do detect what appears at
first
glance to be "normal" traffic occurring between the board and the NFS
server.

I'm of course relatively new to Linux, so I must be making some newbie-type
configuration mistake(s).

Any suggestions on where to begin looking?

Thanks for any help,
Ken

Get it all in Overland's revolutionary new Neo tape library.

     Non-stop operation. Expansion on demand. Easy to use

For more information on Neo:
http://www.overlandstorage.com/neo

For more information on Overland:
http://www.overlandstorage.com