[BusyBox] Bug Report for "mount" in busybox 0.52 and above

Thomas Losert tl at vmars.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Nov 15 00:45:06 UTC 2002

Hi Erik,

I am using busybox on a PPC platform (mpc855t to be exact).
There seems to be a problem with the mount command because
there occurs the following error message:

# ./mount -t nfs tux:/ppc /host
mount: Mounting tux:/ppc on /host failed: Invalid argument

I have downloaded several versions of busybox and found
out that the problem has been introduced between
version 0.51 (working) and 0.52 (see above error message).
The command "umount" is working on both versions.

For test purpose I have compiled both versions of busybox
with nothing else than the "mount" command and I have found
out that version 0.52 (the buggy one) is significantly
smaller:

-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        21480 Jan 13 15:10 busybox-051
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        13100 Jan 13 15:10 busybox-052

I hope I have been able to provide you enough information
to find the problem. If you need any further information
about the system don't hesitate to contact me.

best regards

Thomas