[BusyBox] Busybox starting problem

Tobias Otto-Adamczak toa at indakom.de
Fri Nov 8 07:16:03 UTC 2002

Dominique Letty, 2002-11-08, 14:00h:

> >I had a similar problem some days ago. Starting /bin/login failed
> >constantly and was repeated every second. The reason was a misconfigured
> >kernel, busybox was okay.
>
> I have never used busybox before this test. Is there any special kernel
> configuration to use it? I check all my .config file without finding
> anything.

AFAIK there is no special kernel option for using busybox. I spoke about
a generally misconfigured kernel - a kernel that wouldn't work with any
useful filesystem.

Does your kernel work with another (non-busybox) Filesystem ? I found it
useful to test my initial busybox setup with user mode linux:
http://user-mode-linux.sourceforge.net/

Tobias