[BusyBox] bunzip2 in devel

Glenn McGrath bug1 at optushome.com.au
Sun Nov 3 20:49:03 UTC 2002

On Mon, 4 Nov 2002 10:54:29 +0800
gripen <gripen at dinastech.com> wrote:

> Dears,
>
> I used normal gcc to compile busybox-unstable-20021103 on my i686 system
>
> (Mandrake 8.2)
> And then I run
> > ./busybox bunzip2 ../busybox-unstable-20021103.tar.bz2
> and it only printed out " Segmentation fault " and an empty
> busybox-unstable-20021103.tar.
> I don't konw why it fault, but I try to bunzip2 several simple bzip file
> (aka haha.txt containing only "hehe"), it still fault.

I cant reproduce the fault, so its hard for me to diagnose but.

Are you compiling against uclibc or glibc, what version ?

Are other applets working ok ?

You could try compiling it with debugging turned on by setting
DODEBUG:=false in Rules.mak and running with gdb by doing
gdb ./busybox
> run bunzip2 ../busybox-unstable-20021103.tar.bz2

When it crashes type bt (for backtrace) and it will display some details
of what caused it to crash.

I have changed some bunzip2 code since then but i dont know if it will
effect your problem.

Glenn