[BusyBox] bug#1282: insmod fails with unresolved symbol.

Deon George dizzy at wurley.net
Sun Nov 3 19:01:03 UTC 2002

Package: busybox
Version: 0.60.5
Severity: normal

I have build a custom kernel based on rh 7.3 (2.4.18-17.7.x) and get the
following error when I try to load the tulip, eepro100, 3x59x driver:

# modprobe tulip
Using /lib/modules/2.4.18-WS/kernel/drivers/net/tulip/tulip.o
insmod: unresolved symbol netdump_mode

HOWEVER, when I used insmod (from the RH 7.3 cd), the drivers load without
problems.

Whats also strange - I can successfully load the ne2k-pci, 8139too, pcnet32
drivers without problems using busybox insmod.

Hope thats enough info for you folk - if you know what a quick fix would be,
that would be great - otherwise I'll just use the RH insmod/modprobes...

Thanks...

...deon
Wurley Solutions
---
 _--_|\   | Deon George <dizzy at wurley.net>
      v   | This email coming to you from the 'burbs of Melbourne,
Australia.