[BusyBox] [ANNOUNCE] utelnetd-0.1.1

WILSON,RICH (A-LakeStevens,ex1) rich_wilson at agilent.com
Wed May 15 14:13:03 UTC 2002

I thought I'd try this out on my system, and I'm having some trouble.

What I did:

   Used uClibc
   Replaced the login program with "/bin/sh"
   Cross-compiled for PPC

What happened:
   Client is happy, echos characters, but shows no sign of any response
   On the server:

# utelnetd -d
telnetd: starting
  port: 23; login program: /bin/sh
  daemonizing
#

   And then, when it gets a connection,

getpty(): got pty /dev/pts/0
Ignoring IAC 0xff, DO, SUPPRESS GO AHEAD
Ignoring IAC 0xff, WILL, TERMINAL TYPE
Ignoring IAC 0xff, WONT, ECHO
Ignoring IAC 0xff, WONT, LFLOW
Ignoring IAC 0xff, DO, ECHO

   ps looks like

# ps
  PID  Uid     VmSize Stat Command
    1 0            668 S    init
    2 0                S    [keventd]
    3 0                S    [ksoftirqd_CPU0]
    4 0                S    [kswapd]
    5 0                S    [bdflush]
    6 0                S    [kupdated]
    7 0                S    [mtdblockd]
   15 0                S    [jffs2_gcd_mtd0]
   75 0            688 S    /bin/sh -i -s
   85 0            412 S    utelnetd -d
   88 0                Z    [utelnetd]
   89 0            668 R    ps
#

Doing "killall utelnetd", the client notices and exits.

Any ideas?  I don't have time to go into debug mode at the moment.

Rich

Rich Wilson
Agilent Technologies
425-335-2245