[BusyBox] NFS mounting problem

Brett Hunt huntbs at lycos.com
Tue May 7 10:30:03 UTC 2002

Josh,

It sounds like you've got a couple of problems. I tried out your commands on busybox 0.61pre 2002-01-23 and kernel 2.4.18 (so take this with a spoon full of salt).

First, I the -n option wasn't supported with my version of busybox.

Second, if the kernel and busybox aren't using the same version of mount as the server is, you'll have a problem. Usually this will be manifested as an RPC error or some other communication error. I have this problem so I added the following option to mount 'mountvers=2'.

Third, the /etc/hosts file must have an entry for nfs-server, or you have to have DNS entries in resolv.conf, otherwise it won't find the address.

So, I was able to use your command, slightly modified, like so:
# mount -t nfs -o noclock,ro,mountvers=2 nfs-server:/exported /mnt

(that should all be on one line. :) )

Does any of that help?

Brett