[BusyBox] Log messages

Tom Oehser tom at toms.net
Sun May 5 09:21:03 UTC 2002

> I now see log messages like
>
>   Starting pid 10, console /dev/console: '/bin/mount'
>   mount: /proc/filesystems: No such file or directory
>   Starting pid 12, console /dev/console: '/bin/mount'
>   Waiting for enter to start '/bin/sh' (pid 14, terminal /dev/console)
>
> on my console. How can I make them disappear, and why tries mount to open
> /proc/filesystems? It seems not to be there...

You can certainly give the process a tty in /etc/inittab and it
won't write to the console, but, there is also something weird
about the "Starting" message, which is coded to go to "LOG", but
ends up going to "CONSOLE", for reasons I don't understand.  What
does your inittab look like?  For the /proc, you probably just
need to make a mount point, /proc, in order for mount to mount it.

-Tom