[BusyBox] init exposed problem with 'reset'?

Tom Oehser tom at toms.net
Sat May 4 08:41:07 UTC 2002

Init of course will send output from started things to whatever
console you happen to really have.  Something, probably rshd or
nc or sh, sends something to scramble the terminal settings (or
maybe it is init's own terminal sanity stuff?).  So far as that
goes, I don't really care, the startup stuff can do whatever it
wants before the getty tries to run on it, and I figure you can
always give it a tty if you care.  But when it happens, 'reset'
can't reset the terminal... I have to go completely out and let
the getty get restarted by init to clear the condition... Well,
I guess I would have to strace the terminal flags to figure out
exactly what reset is missing. -Tom