[BusyBox] Enabling non-default programs

Goetz Bock bock at blacknet.de
Mon Mar 25 15:37:03 UTC 2002

On Mon, Mar 25 '02 at 12:34, Nick Popoff wrote:
> Right now I'm filling in the blanks of programs I need for my image that
> BusyBox didn't provide, and I just noticed that it supports a number of
> things like ifconfig but does not compile them in by default.
Most of the busybox programs work very well. But some have different
options or are missing some switches from the fullblown utilites. But if
youre making your own system, just use es many of the busybox utilities
as possible/needed, you can always patch your script/setup to not need
the missing features.
(I'm using busybox to boot my CD based servers, I've a 1.6M initrd (with
quite some kernel modules and LVM and ext2/3fs tools) that brings up a
network ready system that can boot what ever is needed from CD/HDD/NET
and has everything that is needed to recover a how badly broken state)

I relay love busybox.

Cu,
    Goetz.