[BusyBox] Ctrl + C provlem with tail ping

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Fri Mar 15 19:17:04 UTC 2002

On Fri Mar 15, 2002 at 09:24:45PM +0100, Karl Peters wrote:
> Hi,
>
> with busybox 0.60-2 I have problems to quit from a tail -f with Ctrl+C.
> But quitting from ping works.
>
> Now I am using the actual busybox.stable cvs, and Ctrl+C is still a
> problem for me. I even can't quit ping now.

What C library?  What shell?  Ash?  Do you have JOB_CONTROL enabled?

> And Ctrl+Alt+Del don't work for me, too (I have an entry for that in the
> inittab).

Do you also have a reboot entry?  i.e.

    # Stuff to do for the 3-finger salute
    ::ctrlaltdel:/sbin/reboot

    # Stuff to do before rebooting
    null::shutdown:/bin/umount -a -r
    null::shutdown:/sbin/swapoff -a

> But happily reboot and halt works now.
>
> What can I try to fix this? Is this a common problem?

I dunno about other people, but it works for me.

 -Erik