[BusyBox] BUG IN DYNAMIC LINK

Axel Kittenberger Axel.Kittenberger at maxxio.at
Tue Mar 12 02:51:04 UTC 2002

On Tuesday 12 March 2002 10:22, jimmy carter wrote:
> the following message appears when I run iptables:
> "BUG IN DYNAMIC LINK ld.so: dynamic-link.h: 57:
> elf_get_dynamic_info" Assertion '! "bad dynamic tag"'
> failed!"
> I don't know what should be done' i've never seen that
> msg before.

Stupid question, have you rebooted the device already?

I get always this kind or a similar error when replacing a library under
development with a new one in the running system. Why I don't know, I
upgraded glibc to 2.2.4 in the hope it would be fixed there. but this bug (or
just a systematic flaw?) still exists. I guess it has something to do with
cached libraries and ld failing to realize it would have to dump the cache if
the timestamp of the library changed...