[BusyBox] Write protected disk

Goetz Bock bock at blacknet.de
Mon Jun 24 03:18:05 UTC 2002

On Sun, Jun 23 '02 at 19:09, Tony Heller wrote:
> I'm trying to use busybox to minimize the amount of activity in the
> init routine, [ ... ] and it booted to the bash prompt - but
> unfortunately the system then thought that the disk (hda) was write
> protected, making the system useless.
disks allways come up read only, you must remount it rw in rc.sysinit
(or a followup script) (rc.sysinit might be called rcS in your case)

just use

mount -o remount,rw /

this only wokrs if proc has been mounted or you have a correct /dev/root
entry in dev (in this case just use mount -o remount,rw /dev/root).
BTW: /dev/root comes free with devfs :-)

Cu,
    Goetz.