[BusyBox] Write protected disk

Tony Heller TonyHeller at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 23 19:09:03 UTC 2002

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to use busybox to minimize the amount of activity in the init
routine, and have been simulating that configuration under the bochs
simulator for some time now.  Recently I tried putting the same
configuration on a real Redhat 7.2 system, and it booted to the bash
prompt- but unfortunately the system then thought that the disk (hda)
was write protected, making the system useless.

The steps I took were:
copied busybox to /bin
linked /sbin/init to busybox
installed the specified /etc/inittab and /etc/init.d/rcS

Any ideas why the disk comes up write protected?  It would be  great
help to me if I could use the same boot on hardware and simulation.

TIA,
Tony