[BusyBox] ping: 192.168.1.4: Resolver error

Jason Bodnar jason at shakabuku.org
Wed Jun 19 17:59:03 UTC 2002

I recently got back to work on a project of mine. I think I was using 0.9.9 or
0.9.8 before. I've upgrade to 0.9.11 and now I'm getting an error when trying
to ping another machine. (Other network operations like nfs mounting don't
work either). The error is:

ping 192.168.1.4: Resolver error

(.4 is another machine on the same subnet.)

I noticed in the Changelog that there were a few fixes to the DNS resolver
stuff. Could this be causing the problem? I've put an /etc/resolve.conf and
/etc/nsswitch.conf on the filesystem (they weren't needed before) but that's
not helping.

I'm also using busybox-0.60.3. I tried using the latest snapshot but got a
compile error about main not being found.

--
Jason Bodnar
jason at shakabuku.org
http://www.shakabuku.org