[BusyBox] busybox init

Goetz Bock bock at blacknet.de
Tue Jun 18 15:57:04 UTC 2002

On Tue, Jun 18 '02 at 14:41, Chars kone wrote:
> I am trying to use busybox with my mips-malta board. The board boots, dumps
> all the messages but is not able to execute busybox init.All the messages
> till the kernel calls execve to invoke busybox init are OK. After that all I
> get is "Algorithmics/MIPS FPU Emulator v1.5" and then nothing happens. What
> could be the problem.
missing links, wrong permission, wrong optimisation, too hot (at last
here in germany), your cat died, someone tipped over a bicycle in china
... how do i know.

Some hints:
(- if you have time read:
   http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html )
- can you boot soemthing else
- can you boot a shell
- can you boot busybox as a shell (init=/bin/sh with
  ln -s busybox /bin/sh and busybox in /bin)
- what happens if you call busybox after booting something else

Cu,
    Goetz.