[busybox] suggestion for telnetd server

Doug Edwards dedwards at synergymicro.com
Tue Jun 18 08:42:03 UTC 2002

At 9:54 AM -0400 6/18/02, Roberto Rosenthal wrote:
>I'm using the a patch for busybox which does the job for me. You can
>find it in: http://www.ixid.net/code/busybox/telnetd.patch
>
>Roberto Rosenthal
>roberto at puc.cl

I've been trying to use this telnetd patch without success.  I can
connect from an outside machine, but I am immediately disconnected.
Here's my message:

dedwards at generic:dedwards-> telnet 192.17.100.193
Trying 192.17.100.193...
Connected to 192.17.100.193.
Escape character is '^]'.
Connection closed by foreign host.
dedwards at generic:dedwards->

On the ramdisk side, I get this message:

# All network ports in use!

I think it has something to do with my busybox setup not creating the
proper pseudo-terminals, but I'm not sure if I'm right about this.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Doug

--