[BusyBox] Feature proposal

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sun Jun 16 09:12:03 UTC 2002

In message <8978CA866960D311B715009027937DA201CAA883 at MAILSERV> you wrote:

> For example split file to take only the second Kb from file:
> tail -c +1024 some_file | head -c +1024

This:

	dd if=some_file bs=1k skip=1 count=1

is more efficient (less typing, only one process).

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
GUIs  are  virtually  useless.  Learn  tools.  They're  configurable,
scriptable, automatable, cron-able, interoperable, etc. We don't need
no brain-dead winslurping monolithic claptrap.
                               -- Tom Christiansen in 371140df at csnews