[BusyBox] ash (busybox) problem:"job control turned off"...

Vladimir N. Oleynik dzo at simtreas.ru
Mon Jun 10 01:48:03 UTC 2002

Robert,

> Am Samstag, 8. Juni 2002 17:43 schrieb Vladimir N. Oleynik:
> >
> > Robert:
> > You it seems have lost the utility "passwd" ;)
> >
> Quote from my mail to the ml: "The rest (passwd.c and sulogin.c) is not
> ported yet .. volunteers ;) ?"
> ... so not really lost -- just not done yet

Ok.

> > Robert:
> > The current version login completely is bad.
> > I do not have words, this utility in any mode could not fulfil correctly.
> > One example:
> >        if ( !strchr ( buf, '\n' ));
> >               return 0;
> > Brrr.
> >

> Another quote: "Part *I* of tinylogin integration. So far su.c and login.c
> have been ported by me (ported is the wrong word -- they have been nearly
> *rewritten*)"
> ... so IMHO it would not be realistic if I got everything right from the
> start (although this happens sometimes ;) )
>
> BTW: Where is your problem with the 'const char *username' -- I don't see any
> functional difference ?

Your alteration login.c on all moments is completely wrong.

1) Your login_prompt() returned stack buffer! :00
2) Your main() not reask login name after bad password

It seems to me, that that who corrected this utility at all did not understand
that does.
What for have removed setpgrp(), have thought up any DEFAULT_USER though
it not DEFAULT at all, and UNKNOW (bad),
and DEFAULT_SHELL therefore in general to anything it is not necessary...

--w
vodz