[BusyBox] ping revision 1.51

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Thu Jun 6 06:28:07 UTC 2002

On Wed May 22, 2002 at 04:22:00PM +0400, Vladimir N. Oleynik wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Please back to the revision 1.50 of the ping applet. The current patch from
> "timr"
> all not correct.
>
> 1) Function ping() not returned - called pingstats with exit(code)
> 2) Function pingstats allways return correct exit code. Why not tested?!
> 3) This patch not compiled witch switch of FANCY_PING config mode
>
> I always read current maillist. Why are brought patchs without notice
> the author of port? :(

tim committed that change without discussing it with anyone.  I'm
also puzzled what the problem is he was trying to solve.  I have
reverted that change since it does not make much sense.

Tim?   What was the problem you were trying to solve?
    http://busybox.net/cgi-bin/cvsweb/busybox/networking/ping.c.diff?r1=1.50&r2=1.51

 -Erik