[BusyBox] NFS mount problem

bhunt bhunt at micron.com
Tue Jul 30 13:08:03 UTC 2002

I encountered this using busybox on an embedded system here. The kernel
version that we used was 2.4.18. We found two possible solutions:

* You have to explicitly enable support for NFSV3 in the kernel
configuration in order for busybox mount to use it's default version 3
protocol. (recompile the kernel if you can.) (Option is CONFIG_NFS_V3)

or

* Use the option 'vers=2'. We also use the 'nolock' option. Our command-line
looks like this:
$ mount -t nfs -o nolock,vers=2 somehost:/ /mnt/somedir

HTH,

Brett