[BusyBox] init problem with init.c version 1.164 from CVS

cajus.hahn at de.abb.com cajus.hahn at de.abb.com
Wed Jul 24 09:50:04 UTC 2002

I have some problems with the latest version of the init.c from the stable
CVS archive.
I was using the version from busybox 0.60.3 stable before.
In the inittab I start a script with the sysinit-action and another with
the once-action.
This scripts itself execute some applications, which continue runnig in
background.
Some of this applications print on their stdout (with printf).
This output appears on the console.
I can see the first few lines with output, then the output stops.
It looks like the problem results in the exit of the init action.
Some of my application exited completely (not only their output).
I found out, that they got a SIGHUP, which made them quit.
I solved this with a signal handler.
Is the stdout of this init-childs closed when the init action exits?
This problem does not occur with init.c from busybox 0.60.3 stable.

Cajus