[BusyBox] Is vi buggy?

Joel Coltoff joel at wmi.com
Fri Jul 19 08:30:04 UTC 2002

I'm having some problems with vi. I'm running a cvs snapshot of
the development tree from July 12, 2002. I've also seen the problem
with the stable release of 0.60.3. If I edit a simple file like this

ftp     stream  tcp   nowait  root   /usr/sbin/ftpd     ftpd
telnet  stream  tcp   nowait  root   /usr/sbin/telnetd  telnetd

and try and do a cw of the last word in the file it changes everything
except the last letter. If I put my cursor on the last line and do
an undo (U) it fixes the line, joins it with the line above and inserts a
blank line. Has anyone else seen these problems? I'll take a look at
fixing these things but it's not a high priority for us right now.

I've also got a related question. I'm using a telnet client from
an NT machine to talk to my busybox system. My erase character works
fine at the shell level but is ignore by vi. How can I fix this?

--
Joel Coltoff

The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. The opposite
of a profound truth may well be another profound truth.
    -- Niels Bohr