[BusyBox] Trouble using modprobe and insmod

Wim Vinckier list-busybox at tisnix.be
Thu Jul 18 04:38:03 UTC 2002

Hi,

I'm trying to use the module-possibilities of the busybox but I get
strange errors.  I'm trying to use a modules written by myself wich works
fine on my 'full system'.  When I do 'modprobe as511' (or insmod, I get
the same errors):
Using /lib/modules/2.4.18/misc/as511.o
insmod: unresolved symbol __wake_up
insmod: unresolved symbol __generic_copy_from_user
insmod: unresolved symbol schedule
insmod: unresolved symbol kmalloc
insmod: unresolved symbol tq_timer
insmod: unresolved symbol remove_wait_queue
insmod: unresolved symbol kill_proc
insmod: unresolved symbol tty_register_ldisc
insmod: unresolved symbol __pollwait
insmod: unresolved symbol kfree
insmod: unresolved symbol add_wait_queue
insmod: unresolved symbol printk
insmod: unresolved symbol __generic_copy_to_user

I can find all these functions in /proc/ksyms.
I also tried to load the modules using insmod.static which I found on my
SuSE system and that one worked fine.  I compiled the most recent
stable snapshot (20020717) and tried it but it didn't work.  Does someone
has a solution?

Greetings,

Wim.