[BusyBox] CVS question

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Sat Jul 13 00:28:03 UTC 2002

On Thu Jul 11, 2002 at 03:10:42PM -0400, Joel Coltoff wrote:
> Help me out here on with a simple question. What determines when
> a file gets moved from the cvs tree to the snapshot tree? As an
> example I donwloaded busybox-stable-20020710.tar.gz and at least
> one file in there isn't up to date with the cvs tree. I noticed that
> the libbb/copy_file.c is older that the cvs version dated June, 11.
> On the other hand, there are some files in the snapshot that are newer
> than those in busybox-0.60.3.tar.gz.
>
> What do the snapshots represent?

BusyBox now has _two_ CVS trees. The "busybox-stable" tree
contains the latest updates to the 0.60.x stable series. The
"busybox" tree contains the latest development version of
busybox.  The "busybox-stable" daily snapshots are derived from
the "busybox.stable" CVS tree, while the "busybox-unstable"
snapshots are from the "busybox" CVS tree.

    http://busybox.net/cgi-bin/cvsweb/busybox/
    http://busybox.net/cgi-bin/cvsweb/busybox.stable/

I have updated the busybox.net "Download" section, to try
and make this more clear,

 -Erik