[BusyBox] adjtimex Compile problems with glibc

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Thu Jul 11 04:22:03 UTC 2002

On Thu Jul 11, 2002 at 12:42:57AM +0200, Uwe Beutin wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> I am trying to compile some busybox tools and ntpclient for use on a
> uCdimm and the glibc. I cannot use the uClibc because of telnetd
> problems...
>
> I have read that adjtimex(2) gives problems with an undefined prototype
> in sys/timex.h but that doesn't tell me how to fix the problem:
>
> m68k-elf-gcc -m68000 -Os -g -fomit-frame-pointer -DCONFIG_LINEO -Dlinux

Your toolchain doesn't understand what to do with the __THROW
directive.  You should have an include/sys/cdefs.h header file
that included the following:

    /* GCC can always grok prototypes.  For C++ programs we add
    * throw() to help it optimize the function calls.  But this
    * works only with gcc 2.8.x and egcs.  */
    # if defined __cplusplus && __GNUC_PREREQ (2,8)
    #  define __THROW       throw ()
    # else
    #  define __THROW
    # endif

So the C library included with your toolchain is broken.

 -Erik