[BusyBox] gzip/gunzip extraction problem?

Nicolas Riendeau knightr at sympatico.ca
Sun Jan 20 16:09:03 UTC 2002

Is anybody else have some problems decompressing files made by Busybox's gzip
with Busybox's gunzip...

Sometimes, I get the following error messages:

gunzip: invalid compressed data--crc error
gunzip: invalid compressed data--length error

I initially had that problem with the Busybox 0.60.1 which comes with the Dachstein
distribution (which is part of the LEAF project & which uses glibc 2.0.7) but I
later tried it with a "full" distribution (Mandrake 7.1/glibc 2.1.3) on which I
compiled Busybox 0.60.2 and I had the same problem...

The file is considered OK by both Winzip & more importantly, the "real" gunzip running
on a that same "full" Linux distribution...

This seems to be similar to a bug that was corrected in 0.52...
If anybody needs a file to test this I can provide one...

Thanks in advance!

Nicolas Riendeau