[BusyBox] FLoppy Distro

Jason Luther jason at airwave.com
Thu Jan 17 13:34:04 UTC 2002

From: Tom Johnson
> I am trying, somewhat unsuccessfully, to create a floppy distro
> to be a wireless bridge.  Where can I find CORRECT information
> as to how to accomplish this.  Every how-to I have tried does
> not work.  I just want a simple system that will only act as a
> bridge.

> Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Are you having trouble making the floppy distro or are you having trouble
with the wireless bridge part?

http://nocat.net/ezwrp.html describes the Wirless Router Project floppy
image. I am not sure which wireless card drivers it uses, so I don't know
whether you'll get a working bridge out of it or not.

If you actually want to use your wireless card as an infrastructure AP (and
a bridge), you'll need to use the HostAP driver at
http://www.epitest.fi/Prism2/ or the linux-wlan-ng driver at
http://www.linux-wlan.org/. You can (at this point and with open source
software) only bridge with Prism2 cards.

-jason