[BusyBox] Problems with cpio and SCSI tape

Jez Rogers jez at jezndi.org
Wed Jan 2 14:18:04 UTC 2002

On Wed, 2 Jan 2002, Laurence Anderson wrote:

> Could you see what happens with the attached patch?

Same. Still no go.

> Could you try using the unstable busybox series tar applet (as it uses
> quite a lot of common code with cpio) and see if that works?

Tried using tar from the 0.60.2 distro - only reads one file - no error.

I downloaded from www.busybox.net/busybox.tar.gz and tried that version
with and without the patch. still no go. Tried the cvs version. Unable to
patch that one, but still doesn't work.

Whatever version I try, both tar and cpio give up after the first file.

My SCSI controller is extremely old (ISA) and also very SLOW. I don't know
if that is significant.

--
jez

Armstrong's Collection Law: