[BusyBox] fdisk

Joerg Schmitz-Linneweber schmitz-linneweber at aston-technologie.de
Wed Feb 6 01:06:03 UTC 2002

Re-Hi!

On Wednesday, 6. February 2002 08:47, Emanuel Dejanu wrote:
> Hi Joerg,
>
> If I should implement what I need on all the software
> that I use then I will have to work 72 hours/day.
> So what I can do is to suggest something :-).
> I will wait for next version that will have it.
OK :-)

> I use partimage (www.partimage.org) that have BB and I
> will like to be able to use fdisk.
> PartImage is a cool tool, you should check it.
I tried it a few times but to me the plain old tools seem more appropriate
and stable (gzip, tar, mtst, mkisofs, cdrecord and even dump!).

> So the fdisk will be available in the next version of BB?
> From what I understood from your message is a big YES.
No, I didn't say that. I could _offer *you*_ a personal patch for ver.
0.60.1. I don't have any hints if Erik will include a fdisk applet into the
next BB's.
Please note that there were (long) discussions about if and why fs tools (and
fdisk) should be/should not be in BB. If your are interrested into these then
have a look in the archives.

Salut, Joerg

> P.S. Now I am on the list, but as digest so please send CC
> when reply on this thread.
OK, but now for the last time ;-)

--
Joerg Schmitz-Linneweber