[BusyBox] Which MTA should I use ?

Manuel Novoa III mjn3 at codepoet.org
Wed Dec 18 09:57:04 UTC 2002

On Wed, Dec 18, 2002 at 07:52:40PM +0300, ??????? ??????? wrote:

>  Which MTA do you recomend to use for BusyBox/uClibc-based system ?
>
>  I tryed to compile qmail and exim, but an ordinal
>
> CC=/uc/usr/bin/gcc
> PREFIX=/usr
> ./configure
> make
> make install
>
> does not work, and it is to hard for me to do it by hands.
>
>  I'm going to get mail from 2-3 POP3 servers and send outgoing mail
> with name replacement -- BusuBox-bases system doen not have DNS name.
>
> PS: MTA must be fully 8-bit clean

I have an old patch for qmail to allow it to build with uClibc.  I
hacked some of djb's dns routines for qmail to get around uClibc's lack
of several libresolv functions.  Now that djb has put that code in the
public domain, I suppose I should clean it up and make it available.

Maybe during the holidays...

Manuel