[BusyBox] OpenSSH on BusyBox

Nick Fedchik fnm at fusion.ukrsat.com
Wed Dec 18 07:31:03 UTC 2002

On Wed, 18 Dec 2002, Vladimir N. Oleynik wrote:

> Nick,
>
> > On Wed, 18 Dec 2002, Vladimir N. Oleynik wrote:
> > > You don`t set root user to /etc/passwd ?
> > Here is fragment of code where I dropped out
> > openssh-3.5p1/ssh.c:
> > 232:    original_real_uid = getuid();
> >         original_effective_uid = geteuid();
> > [...]
> > 253:    /* Get user data. */
> >         pw = getpwuid(original_real_uid);
> >         if (!pw) {
> >                 log("You don't exist, go away!");
> >                 exit(1);
> >         }
> > [...]
> >
> > All looks good.
> > 8-S
> > Any ideas?
> require libnss* or busybox/lib_pw functions.

/lib# ls -1 libnss*
libnss_dns-2.2.5.so*
libnss_dns.so.2@
libnss_files-2.2.5.so*
libnss_files.so.2@

and IADM all getXXent is inside the libnss_files-2.2.5.so.
Also see `ldd ssh' output in one of my prev msgs.

About busybox/lib_pw: here ssh is not a busybox applet, and
I don't known how to use  busybox/lib_pw in the standalone ssh.
But anyway my .config fragment:
#
# Login/Password Management Utilities
#