[BusyBox] Non-CONFIG options

Robert Schwebel robert at schwebel.de
Fri Dec 13 10:51:03 UTC 2002

Hi,

the recent busybox variants have config options which do not start with
CONFIG_. This makes it very difficult for my distribution configuration
tool to parse: it has the busybox configuration as part of it's kconfig
based configuration system, so I extract all the Config.in files and
replace the CONFIG_ with CONFIG_BB_, then I run my 'make [x|menu]config'
and re-search-and-replace CONFIG_BB_ by CONFIG_.

This works fine as long as all options start with CONFIG_, but fails
with new ones like DOSTATIC. Could these options be prefixed with
CONFIG_ as well or is there a special reason not to do it?

I'm preparing a GPL release of the configuration system. It is very
close to Erik's buildroot, but with a kconfig frontend which can be used
to configure the whole root filesystem. I hope that it can be merged
with buildroot in the near future - Erik, did you find some time to have
a look at my stuff?

Robert
   Braunschweiger Str. 79,  31134 Hildesheim, Germany
    Phone: +49-5121-28619-0 |  Fax: +49-5121-28619-4