[BusyBox] Re: [uClibc]config system doesn't compile

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Tue Dec 10 11:40:47 UTC 2002

On Tue Dec 10, 2002 at 07:06:59PM +0100, Robert Schwebel wrote:
> /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i486-suse-linux/2.95.3/include/stdbool.h:11: conflicting types for `bool'
> /usr/include/ncurses.h:100: previous declaration of `bool'

You need an updated version of ncurses, which fixes the
gratuitous conflict.  This is happening often enough that
I really should add a test for this to the build system...

Anyway, you need a version of ncurses subsequent to this
patch being applied.

    http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/bug-ncurses/2001-December/000820.html

For example libncurses5, 5.2.20020112a-8 from Debian stable
works just fine.  The latest from gnu.org

    http://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/ncurses/ncurses-5.3.tar.gz

should also work fine.  I wish there were some other way to make
the new config system work, but using bool is a correct thing for
the config system to do, and old versions of ncurses.h are
clearly broken since they do not use stdbool.h...

 -Erik