[BusyBox] problem building busybox with uclibc

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Thu Dec 5 11:32:03 UTC 2002

On Thu Dec 05, 2002 at 04:24:25PM +0100, Igor Trevisan wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I'm trying to build busybox with "arm-uclibc-" tools.
> I successfully built busybox.stable but I coulnd't do the
> same with busybox:
>
> Make command return me the following error message:
>
> /home/igortr/arm-tools/gcc-3.2.1/bin/arm-uclibc-gcc -I./include -Wall
> -Wstrict-prototypes -Wshadow  -Os -march=i386  -falign-functions=0
> -falign-jumps=0 -falign-loops=0 -fomit-frame-pointer
> -D_GNU_SOURCE     -c -o applets/applets.o applets/applets.c
>
> cc1: bad value (i386) for -march= switch
> make: *** [applets/applets.o] Error 1
>
> Why does it use "arch=i386"?
> Can you give me some hints?
> Thanks in advance...

Sorry about that.  I put in place an entirely new config system
based the new Kbuild system used for the 2.5 Linux kernel.  This
version has been heavily hacked up by me, for use with uClibc and
with Busybox.  Anyway, I forgot to change one line on Rules.mak
last night when I checked it in, and that broke cross-compiling.
It is fixed now in CVS,

 -Erik