[BusyBox] Init

Vladimir N. Oleynik dzo at simtreas.ru
Sun Aug 25 04:55:03 UTC 2002

Thomas,

> > Thanks. I studied on the previous versions (BSD4.1 SVr3).
> > But... Real init havn`t  this handler? I can do make zombie with many
> > time...

On road home I have understood, that I as always have told nonsense ;)
System can have zombie if parent live, but has not caused wait().

> No, there is no handler in current busybox init.c. So SIGCHLD defaults to
> SIG_DEF. Adding the line signal (SIGCHILD, SIG_IGN); in main() of init.c
> solved this problem for me.

> Have your zombies PPID = 1 ?

Not. But busybox 0.60 stable (not CVS version) have ;)

> In the original version the zombies get cleaned up from time to time, but
> very slow.

I do not understand as it occurs also to me it seems,
that it simply does not exist.
It should be expected death of the parent.

> Running the same application with standard init, the problem does not occure.

Yes. I found SETSIG(sa, SIGCHLD,  chld_handler, SA_RESTART); in main_loop().
You must send patch :))

I not found documentaion for
signal(SIGCHLD, SIG_IGN) = automating equivalent call
waitpid(-1, &st, WNOHANG) for SIGCHLD :0 .

--w
vodz