[BusyBox] Init

Thomas Gleixner tglx at linutronix.de
Sat Aug 24 12:02:03 UTC 2002

On Saturday, 24. August 2002 19:05, Vladimir N. Oleynik wrote:

Vladimir,

> Thanks. I studied on the previous versions (BSD4.1 SVr3).
> But... Real init havn`t  this handler? I can do make zombie with many
> time...
No, there is no handler in current busybox init.c. So SIGCHLD defaults to
SIG_DEF. Adding the line signal (SIGCHILD, SIG_IGN); in main() of init.c
solved this problem for me.

Have your zombies PPID = 1 ?

In the original version the zombies get cleaned up from time to time, but
very slow. I could not track it down, who cleans up the zombies. Had no time
yet, will check this when I've finished my project.

Running the same application with standard init, the problem does not occure.

--
Thomas
linutronix competence in embedded & realtime linux
http://www.linutronix.de mail: tglx at linutronix.de