[BusyBox] build system

Rolland Dudemaine rolland.dudemaine at msg-software.com
Mon Aug 19 09:15:03 UTC 2002

Hello,
I am using the cvs from today.
The building procedure goes well, but whenever I want to install links,
it keeps linking the busybox executable one time again ...

Detailed procedure :
1) make clean dep
2) make PATH=/usr/i386-linux-uclibc/usr/bin:$PATH LDFLAGS=--static all
(so this builds busybox with static uClibc )
3) make PREFIX=/doc install
this gives that output (only third step) :

karnaj:~/busybox# make PREFIX=/doc install
gcc -s -Wl,-warn-common -o busybox /root/busybox/applets/applets.a
/root/busybox/archival/archival.a
/root/busybox/archival/libunarchive/libunarchive.a
/root/busybox/console-tools/console-tools.a
/root/busybox/editors/editors.a /root/busybox/fileutils/fileutils.a
/root/busybox/findutils/findutils.a /root/busybox/init/init.a
/root/busybox/miscutils/miscutils.a /root/busybox/modutils/modutils.a
/root/busybox/networking/networking.a /root/busybox/procps/procps.a
/root/busybox/loginutils/loginutils.a /root/busybox/shell/shell.a
/root/busybox/shellutils/shellutils.a /root/busybox/sysklogd/sysklogd.a
/root/busybox/textutils/textutils.a
/root/busybox/util-linux/util-linux.a /root/busybox/libbb/libbb.a
/root/busybox/libpwdgrp/libpwdgrp.a
strip --remove-section=.note --remove-section=.comment busybox
/bin/sh applets/install.sh /doc
  /doc/bin/ash -> busybox
  /doc/bin/cat -> busybox
  /doc/bin/chgrp -> busybox
  /doc/bin/chmod -> busybox
  /doc/bin/chown -> busybox
  /doc/bin/cp -> busybox
  /doc/bin/date -> busybox
  /doc/bin/dd -> busybox
.
.
.
till the end of links

I can't find where the bug in the Makefile is, but this is quite
annoying, since I have to specify PATH and LDFLAGS variables each time...

Any clues ?

Best regards,
Rolland Dudemaine