[BusyBox] A strange problem with hwclock

Robert Griebl griebl at gmx.net
Mon Aug 5 06:04:03 UTC 2002

Am Montag, 5. August 2002 10:41 schrieb Michael Sternberg:
> When I run it (for example with --show option) message
> "Could not open RTC: No such file or directory" is emitted.

I think the text reads "Could not access ...", or you do not use bb hwclock..

> Regular hwclock works as usual.
> I have /dev/rtc file and all read-write permissions are set for everybody.

Are you sure the rtc module is loaded ? .. the regular hwclock may use another
method to read the clock (ISA direct access for example)
You could also try: cat /proc/driver/rtc

--
cu
Robert

--
Real programmers dont write documentation - leave that to
the maintenance people. (http://www.softforge.de/realprog)