[BusyBox] gzip broken in 0.60.3 ?

Tom Oehser tom at toms.net
Sun Apr 28 14:14:03 UTC 2002

> It looks like you now need to specify either the "-c" option or use "-" as
> a filename to have gzip write to stdout.

I thought this was fixed?  Did the fix not make it in?

It is _important_ that the simple stdin/stdout case of gzip work:

x | gzip | y

and

y | gzip -d | x

*LOTS* of stuff uses it that way.

It cannot require the -c or -.

-Tom

> > Also halt/reboot do not work for me (they did not work in 0.60.2 either)
>
> Are you using BusyBox's init?  That still seems to be a requirement to get
> halt/poweroff/reboot to work as expected.

Yes.  Although, there must be other dependencies for poweroff also-
halt and reboot work for me, but not poweroff.  Maybe it is broken
only for kernel 2.2.x?  Does poweroff need something here?

-Tom