[BusyBox] init.c

Joerg Schmitz-Linneweber schmitz-linneweber at aston-technologie.de
Wed Apr 24 02:41:03 UTC 2002

Hi!

On Wednesday, 24. April 2002 00:41, David Meggy wrote:
> The following code is from around line 387
>
> <code snippet>
> </code snippet>
>
> I was wondering why the other consoles are turned off if there is a serial
> console.
Because if you are on an embedded system (which is normally low on RAM) it
makes sense to assume that if there is a console connected to a ttyS one does
not have virtual terminals (or even an (frame-)buffer) to display messages on.
So to save some (k)bytes they are set free :-)

HTH. Salut, Jörg

--
Joerg Schmitz-Linneweber
gpg/pgp key id: 0x146428F1