[BusyBox] date and daylight savings

mray at 360commerce.com mray at 360commerce.com
Tue Apr 23 15:06:03 UTC 2002

I was trying to use rdate and date with an timezone offset to set my diskless
clients times but when daylight savings rolled around, they all got off by 1
hour because the timezone offset was hardcoded.  The problem is that even though
the server has the right time and timezone, the response from rdate is UTC
(that's the reason for the date with hardcoded offset).  I was just curious if
anyone had a better solution for date settings on diskless clients.  I don't
really want to run ntp and I was wondering if there was a way to format the
rdate so the response doesn't have to be offset (servers are SuSE 7.3)?

TIA,
Matt