[BusyBox] (fwd) BusyBox - telnet

Przemyslaw Czerpak druzus at polbox.com
Wed Apr 3 15:46:03 UTC 2002

Is someone interested in it?

regards,
Przemek

----- Forwarded message from druzus -----
Subject: BusyBox - telnet
To: andersen at lineo.com
Cc: andersee at debian.org
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 02:07:06 +0100

Hi.

I'm using BusyBox extensively in my terminals. It's realy wonderful.
Thanks a lot for your and your team works.

But I found some problems with telnet which I resolved. I hope that
my patches will be useful for other users, too so I'm sending them to you.

There was three problems:

1. busybox-telnet dosn't inform server about the size of terminal screen.
   In the world of xterminals and frame buffers it's rather horrible
   to use fixed 80x24 region in upper-left corner of screen/window.

2. If client sends character 0x0d to the server then sends character 0x0a
   the server eat the second byte (0x0a) - it's described in telnet RFC.
   Client should send two bytes ( 0x0d + 0x0a or 0x0d + 0x00 ) insted of
   one 0x0d byte.

3. busybox telnet implementation wasn't 8bit clean (look at 0xff byte).
   I need it because I have to use binray transfer like rz/sz. So when
   I resloved the problem (2) I corrected this one two.

regards,
Przemek

ps. Sorry for my poor english.