[BusyBox] Some [silly] questions

Christophe Boyanique busybox at raceme.org
Wed Apr 3 13:29:03 UTC 2002

On Wed, 3 Apr 2002, Matt Kraai wrote:

> > 1/ I tried the halt and reboot applet and there are doing...
> > nothing... Impossible to reboot the machine.
> They only work with BusyBox init.  Are you using it, or sysvinit?

It's sysvinit so it's seem normal.

> > 3/ Why head asks to something like "head -n 1" instead of "head -1" ?
> Because `head -N', where N is some integer, is an obsolete
> syntax.
Ok
This bad syntax is used in the sysvinit script of Debian (klogd,
setserial, and other one I forgot).

> > 4/ Why umount does not accept the -t option as mount does ?
> No one has implemented it.
If I have some free time I'll have a look.

If I have more time (grin) I'll have a look to add the -o option to
pidof: used in some scripts it permits to mask some pids.

Thanks for all your answers.

Christophe.