[BusyBox] Help with initial ramdisk problem

Chris Carbaugh CCarbaugh at LeerElectric.com
Tue Apr 2 13:54:03 UTC 2002

Hello all,

I trying to change the size of my initial ram drive image from 8mb to
16mb.  I follow the same process to create the 16mb image as I use for
the 8mb image.  The 8mb image boots no problem, the 16mb image fails
with this:

RAMDSIK: couldn't find valid RAM disk image starting at 0
Freeing initrd memory: 1723k freed
FAT: bogus logical sector size 0
Kernel panic" VFS" Unable to mount root fs on 01:00

The system is based on busybox .60.2, 4.7 kernel, and syslinux 1.65

The only change made is the size of the file system in the initrd image,
and then copying that new image in place of the existing one.

Do I need to tell the kernel what size the ramdisk should be?

Thanks for any help,
Chris