[BusyBox] busybox + tinylogin + uClibc

nikolaus klepp nik_cc at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 1 23:45:03 UTC 2002

hi!

I tried to get a system running with busybox 0.60.2, tinylogin 1.0 and
uClibc. The system seames to work, but only for root. when I log in as an
other user (nik, uid=500, gid=100) the only programs I  can execute are
busybox builtins or programs inked against uClibc exclusively. for example, I
tried php (linked against libc6 and some others). I cannot execute the
program as 'nik' - I get "<program path>: Permission denied" - but as 'root'
I don't get any errors, php works just fine (file permissions are rwxr-xr-x,
owner is root:root). I figured out that after a setuid() + setgid() other
than to uid=0,gid=0 the next execXX() call fails. Anyway, It looks like I can
use all programs that are based on uClibc only.

Any idea?

nik