[BusyBox] vodz telnetd applet

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Wed Sep 12 17:15:27 UTC 2001

On Wed Sep 12, 2001 at 03:48:21PM -0700, David Kimdon wrote:
> > So if we can separate all the server processes into a separate binary, I think
> > that would be a good thing.  We could still have that be part of the busybox
> > package, and still have it use libbb...
>
> I like the idea, we end up with two copies of libbb for a static build
> though.  For systems that support shared libs though, we could make a
> shared libbb.

Using a shared libbb + we could include code to automagically
strip unused symbols (using free things such as mklibs.sy, mklibs.py,
or montavista's Library Optimizer).  Then we would only be paying
about 50 bytes/extern function (the price you pay for shared libs).

> I'll have some time to work on this too (recently layed off, I hope this
> isn't the start of a trend :-) )

Geez, I'm sorry to hear about that.  Must be viral and catching. :(

 -Erik

--
Erik B. Andersen   email:  andersee at debian.org, formerly of Lineo